(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]

Monday, December 31, 2012

Chillaxin' at Katabom

A Night of Positive Vibrations

When spending a night of beer-guzzling and chillaxing at Puerto Princesa after a tiring city tour, Katabom Bar is the place to be. Located along Rizal Ave beside Taverna Luna, this place gives the guests a piece of Boracay memories through its island reggae music performed by talented artists from the shores of Boracay and Palawan.

Katabom got its name from Bambi and Cheng's eldest daughter, Katahum, combined with Bom which stands for the Bombom Bar - a chill-out bar known for playing tribal/acoustic/reggae music in Boracay, also owned by the couple. Thus, upon deciding to expand their business in PPS, Katabom was conceptualized.

Just recently, Katabom celebrated its 3rd Year of bringing out positive vibrations to all its guests.





Katabom offers good food, great place and awesome music. During Wednesdays and Saturdays, locals and tourists flock in this Xaymaca-Bombom Bar-inspired haven to chillax and jam the night away with the Mitus Tribe. Fridays are also jampacked with the RegBeat band as Toto, the lead vocalist, entertains the crowd with high-powered-energy of dancing and grooving.

Lloyd, our good friend and my housemate back in boracay days, happen to manage the bar . :)
This guy is so cool. I was reminded of Ago - his twin brother. hahaha

Manager/Singer/Drummer - all rolled into one.. tsktsktskts san ka pa?
Lloyd made me dance when he sang his playlist (which I missed hearing from him  for a very long time in Boracay) when he jammed with the Mitus Tribe on a Saturday night. Wala pa ring kupas from Santeria-to- Obladi-Oblada to Maling Akala and his malupettt na pamatay kantang La Bamba with matinding spanish accent. Whoahhhhh.. Nag-enjoy ako ng sobra, Pramis! I thought I was in xaymaca..

I soooo love this picture with my old-time friend, Pareng Bobot :) 

I was reunited with the bombom boys. Endless chit-chats and telling stories, reminiscing the past and sharing memories of a beautiful friendship built to last.


Bessy, you should see this. hahaha

The friendly Katabom Staff 

Posing with the Katabom ladies - Shiela the funny girl, Connie the sidekick, and Nina the cashier.
I had so much fun bonding with you. ladies. I promise to be back and  do things with you..

With Pareng Jude and my girl-bff-gee's exclavu, Mark :)

I had so much fun in PPS. No amount of words, write-ups and descriptive words can document all the memories I've had with all these people I came across with. To someone like me who thought traveling solo is boring, I have learned to accept the fact that it isn't. You'll meet exciting people along the way, experience unexpected pleasures and that makes a great adventure.

I'll be back,sooooon...










No comments:

Post a Comment