(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]

Monday, October 31, 2011

My First 7k Run


For the past months, I've been hooked into running and started absorbing it in my system. One good reason why I find running therapeutic for me is the fact that I get to release all the pressure from work. Through running, I get to challenge myself to go beyond the limits and obviously, to loose some pounds for health reasons. 

I was so excited for my first major run in Iloilo - Unilab Run United and registered at Toby's for 5k. With my friends who came along with me, we went to Iloilo and prepared ourselves the following day. To my surprise and disappointment, the race was cancelled because of the heavy rain so we decided to jog along boardwalk and head back home to Kalibo.

..with my two best running buddies
..changing attitudes toward disappointment
 With prior disappointments from a cancelled race in Iloilo, I continued my morning routine and determined to drop off the excess binge from over-eating. It was two days after I've found out that Love Radio Kalibo will organize a Fun Run for a Cause to give financial assistance to buy computers for a certain school in the far-flung area of Malinao, I did not hesitate to join for this will be an opportunity to quench my thirst in joining a Fun Run. Obviously, Athan and I registered for the weekend run. I didn't have any intentions to finish the race with flying colors but only to finish it according to my own pace and also to enjoy the scenes along the way.
 Aaaahhh, there's no better feeling when you feel the early morning breeze kissing your cheeks while your hair sways to and fro, the co-existence of man and nature in balance and harmony and the determination to reach your destination.

And as I patiently continue to reach for the finish line though my legs are breaking, one thing is for sure I'm thinking of, and that is "I NEED WATER PLEASE!"




I finished my 7k in 55 minutes smiling. Whew. I did it. Looking forward for more fun-running, hopefully with my new pair of running shoes.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment