(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ready or Not --Here I Come!

July 30, 2008, 4:41 am (Excerpt from my Friendster Blog)
Filed under:
Uncategorized



I was in grief for the past few days. Suffered the loss of a friend, Nong Manny, who died at the age of 32 because of multiple aneurism. Indeed, death is inevitable. It’s like a thief that robs you in the middle of the night. For some people, they fear death. Others welcome them just like a host entertaining an important visitor. A lot of us often say that at any rate, at any time and at a given circumstances, we are ready to face death and welcome it with arms wide open. But with a case like this, sometimes, the fear of death is most likely very traitorous. Who would have ever thought that a person as healthy and as lively as Nong Manny would die just like that.

The morning after our club’s vigil at the wake of Nong Manny, my eye bugs are terrible. Felt as if I’ve been crying for a century. I was shocked with the news of my co-teacher Ann, telling me of a tragedy that happened to one of our pupils. I couldn’t memorize the names of all my pupils but, when she mentioned about Patricia Kayle, I cried without even finding out what had happened. An innocent grade six pupil Patricia together with his older brother, Paul Kaydene, who also happened to be my former pupil and their youngest sister with their Mom, were trapped in their house on fire in the mid-morning of July 28. Their father was away from them during the incident and no one was saved in the burning house that caused them a very painful and tragic death. I was grasping for air. I couldn’t breath. My body shivers by the thought of it. I was still in denial. I was still hoping that maybe the news is not true. My sister who happens to be one of the closest friend of Patricia’s mom texted me and that confirmed everything. How can these be happening to a mother with three wonderful children dying a tragic death, whose husband was away for work? I couldn’t find correct answers to all my questions. I couldn’t even blame God for letting these things to happen. Maybe it is written in His hands. Maybe He has plans. Maybe He has His reasons. 

Yes, I can say, I’m afraid of death. I fear death because I have a lot of things to accomplish. I fear death because I’m not yet prepared. I fear death because I have so many plans and I haven’t reached my Personal Legend. I have a lot of things to pursue. But, what if one day, death would appear to me in the presence of a butterfly that would rest on my palm contentedly and ask me this question: “Are you ready?” Well, my
only reply would be: “Not yet. Not now”.
.
 We can never prognosticate the coming of death in our lives. It gives us no signs, no warnings, and just like the wind, it carries a certain message of affirmation that in death, we can perfectly say, we are at peace. No worries, just pure bliss.

 So while we are still aware of our breath, live life to the fullest and make each day as if it will be the last days of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment